Dr. Emilie Bequignon
Emilie Touboul Béquignon
ENT Hospital-University Practitioner
Intercommunal Hospital of Creteil, FRANCE
General Secretary of the AFSORL (ENT National Association of Sleep disorders)
- 2015: hospital Practitioner (PH) successfully achieved
- 2013: Specialized studies diploma of Oncology obtained (Surgical Oncology option)
- 2013: Interuniversity Diploma of Microsurgery (Surgery school Fer à Moulin, Paris).
- 2012: Master (M2) of « surgical science » honors, UPEC.
- 2011: Diploma of Doctor of Medicine obtained University – Paris 5.
- 2011: Diploma of Specialized Studies (DES) of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery obtained.
- 2010: Interuniversity Diploma of Head and Neck Surgical Anatomy. René Descartes University – Paris 5, Paris.
- 2008: Interuniversity Diploma of abdominopelvic Anatomy René Descartes University – Paris 5, Paris.
- 2006: Appointed surgery resident of Paris hospitals.
- 2005: Biological and Medical Sciences Master. University of Paris Diderot-Paris 7.
- 2004: Master’s Certificate of Biological and Medical Sciences: Clinical Epidemiology. University of Paris Diderot-Paris 7.
- 2003: Master’s Certificate of biological and medical sciences: Ethics and Medical Ethics. University of Paris XI.
- 2002: Certificate of medical sciences, medico-economic: Assessment Methodology in Health Systems. University of Paris Diderot-Paris 7.
- 1999: 1st year of preparatory class at the Ecole Nationale Superieure (Cachan) and first year Deug of Economics and Management obtained.
- 2015-2016: Hospital-University Practitioner (PHU) since May 2015
- Chief of the ENT unit of H. Mondor Hospital AP-HP /Creteil
- General Secretary of the AFSORL (ENT National Association of Sleep disorders)
- 2014-2015: clinical-assistant of Paris Hospitals (CHU Henri Mondor / Creteil)
- 2013-2014: clinical-assistant (Intercommunal Centre of Creteil (3rd year))
- 2011-2013: clinical-assistant (Foch Hospital Foch / Suresnes)
- 2006-2011: ENT Resident of Paris hospitals. medical school Lariboisière-Bichat University Diderot – Paris 7, Paris, Ile de France.
28 main original articles published in English (SIGAPS 295) including articles about obstructive sleep apnea and obstruction of upper airways:
A functional tool to differentiate nasal valve collapse from other causes of nasal obstruction: the FRIED test.
Béquignon E, Maalouf R, Devars du Mayne M, Zerah-Lancner F, Isabey D, Coste A, Louis B, Papon JF.
Are the obstruction sites visualized on drug-induced sleep endoscopy reliable? Sleep Breath. 2015 (Rang C, IF 2,869)
Blumen MB, Latournerie V, Béquignon E, Guillere L, Chabolle F.
Snoring intensity after a first session of soft palate radiofrequency: predictive value of the final result. Laryngoscope. 2013 Juin (Rang C, IF 2.032) Blumen MB, Vezina JP, Béquignon E, Chabolle F.
Drug-induced sleep endoscopy: A new gold standard for evaluating OSAS? Part II: Results. Eur Ann Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Dis. 2017 Blumen M, Bequignon E, Chabolle F.
Drug-induced sleep endoscopy: A new gold standard for evaluating OSAS? Part I: Technique. Eur Ann Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Dis. 2017 Blumen M, Bequignon E, Chabolle F.
- Location: ENT and Neck Surgery department at H. Mondor Hospital and Intercommunal Hospital of Créteil
- Type: consultations, hospital care and surgery:
- Rhinology (expertise in nose, sinus and anterior floor of the skull base pathology)
- Obstruction of the upper airway, sleep disordered breathing: expertise in obese patients (Mondor and CHIC, bariatric surgery centre) and about sickle cell patients (Mondor, national referent centre for this disease)
- Contribution to head and neck cancer surgery activity at Intercommunal Hospital of Creteil.
- Medical Co-chief of the Centre of Nasal Functional Explorations at H. Mondor Hospital
- Participation in the diagnostic of primitive ciliary dyskinesia (national reference centre CHIC-Necker-Trousseau).
- Chief of the ENT department at H. Mondor Hospital/Creteil.
ACTIVITES OF BASIC SCIENCE
- Theme: “nasal epithelial and biomechanics, nasal polyposis.” INSERM U955 unit in Team 13 (D. Isabey / B Louis.) Since 05/20/2014. PhD student since November 2015
- “Study of the expression of neonatal receptor for constant fragment (Fc) IgG (FcRn) in a model of primary culture of nasal respiratory epithelium and its role in the transcytosis of monoclonal antibodies. “(Working with the Laboratory of Immunology, University Hospital of Tours (V. Gouilleux UMR 7292).
CLINICAL RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- Obstruction of the upper airways in adult sickle-cell disease patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
(Co-investigator in the PHRC entitled “DREPASOM”, “:Anatomical study of obstructive sites of Upper Airway in sickle-cell disease patients” “Influence of tonsillar surgery on solving night vaso-occlusive crises and OSA in patients with sickle-cell disease “(2 ongoing prospective studies).
- Obstruction of the upper airways in obese patients : (principal investigator of the study of routine care OBANEZ): Evaluation of nasal compliance on nasal obstruction and worsening of OSA in obese patients pre and post bariatric surgery. (1 ongoing prospective study)
- Nasal obstruction in patients treated by CPAP for sleep apnea obstructive syndrome:
“Evaluation of nasal compliance by acoustic rhinometry with positive pressure as a predictor of adherence by continuous positive pressure in patients with obstructive sleep apnea: a multicentre prospective cohort study.” (1 ongoing prospective study).
- Chronic rhinosinusitis: Influence of chronic infections of the upper airways on the ciliary beating (Co-investigator in the Study “I-IsBac” 1 ongoing prospective study)
- 2nd and 3rd cycles of medical studies
- Teaching in ENT and Neck Surgery DESC (Rhinology and SAOS)
- Teaching IUD (ParisXII-ParisV) of “anatomical and pathophysiological therapeutic bases in Rhinology”
- Teaching IUD “Sleep and pathology”